2010 Check Up
- sheath dress – not yet attempted
- blazer/jacket – not yet attempted
- use sweater knits for a cardigan sweater set – not yet attempted
- welt pockets – not yet attempted (sensing a trend here)
- find some TNT’s like Carolyn – attempted and successful with the pencil skirt only so far
- perfect my invisible zipper – I’ve done two or three and so far with dubious perfection
- more lined skirts – I’m lining all my skirts, but have plans to make unlined skirts for the summer soon.
- a tailored shirt – I made the camp shirt for Thor which had some tailoring, but have not yet attempted one for myself.
- make a charmeuse or chiffon blouse – too scared to work with the fabric so far
- participate in at least 1 Pattern Review contest – maybe the LBD contest???
- make at least 25 garments (one of which should be a complex pattern like the trench coat) – I’ve made 13 garments so far this year. Yippee!!!!
With my sister’s “lemonade” skirt to be completed this week, I am on track for completing 25 garments by the end of the year. I can’t believe it almost. I really want to make a sheath dress for my cousin’s wedding this summer but am still dithering about which pattern to use. The blazer/jacket will be taken care of in the Trench Sew Along II; I am making a fall coat out of some purple wool I bought last year. I am dying to make cardigans, so hopefully that will get knocked off the list. And as you all know, I am really trying to find some TNT patterns for my work wardrobe, so I hope to definitely accomplish that this year.
So, all in all, I think I am doing ok with my plans for the rest of the year. This list was a wish list. If I don’t get to everything, so be it. I’m not going to whine about it later. Ok, maybe I will but it won’t last long I promise.
Anyhoo, how are you doing with your goals for the year (if you had any)? Tell me!