Having a bad dental condition can make people embarrass and anxious, say the statistics. 127.55 million people in the united states went for dental treatments in 2017. This is a huge number and in order to avoid going to a dental clinic, you need to maintain your oral hygiene. It is very important to take care of your mouth and teeth. Here are 5 FAQs about oral hygiene which we have tried to answer informatively and professionally:
1. How Do I Brush My Teeth Properly?
As you all know, brushing your teeth twice a day is the foundation of a good oral hygiene.
However, we do not get to learn what is the proper way of brushing our teeth, as a result of which, the efficiency of the brushing technique gets lesser and you can do the aftermath.
Now, here’s the way you can brush your teeth most effectively:
- Make sure that the brush is making a 45-degree angle with the front surface of the teeth.
- Start with brushing the top area. Move the brush back and forth (3 teeth at a time) horizontally 4 times and bring it vertically down at the end of a cycle.
- Make sure to clean the socket area (where the gum joins the tooth) as tiny food particles get deposited there.
- In order to clean the inner surface, tilt the brush vertically down and move it up and down firmly.
2. How To Prevent My Teeth From Cavities?
Cavities in teeth get formed due to bad dental habits. Consuming a lot of sugary drinks, chocolates and junks result in tooth decay and then cavities are formed and spread.
Clove oil is known to be really effective against cavities. A small cotton cloth/ball should be good enough to absorb 3-4 drops of clove oil. After that, put the cotton in between your cavity infected teeth for 15-17 minutes. Do this every day.
3. How Can I Reduce Plaque Formation in My Teeth?
Plaque gets formed in the teeth when natural bacteria gets mixed with food chunks. A lot of plaque deposition can result in a severe case of tooth decay.
You can not completely stop the formation of plaque as it involves bacteria which are useful at times.
However, you can most definitely reduce the formation by following simple tips from oshawa dentist:
- Use electronic power toothbrush as it is more effective against plaque than the manual toothbrush.
- Flossing your teeth every day can drastically remove plaque from the teeth
4. How To Tackle Bad Breath?
Formation of bacteria results in the bad and smelly breath. Most of the times, brushing your teeth twice on daily basis can make bad breath disappear. However, if you are unable to breathe out non-smelly air from your mouth, following tips can be used:
- Keeping a tab on what you’re eating can help you identify the evil food products which can result in bad breath. Try eating carrots and apples as they are proved to work best against bad breath.
- Drink a lot of water. And avoid aerated cold drinks.
5. How Can I Prevent My teeth From Getting Yellow?
Teeth decoloration is caused due to Tannasis and Acids which we consume with our food. Our teeth turn yellow and other darker colors. The frequent consumption of tea and coffee should be avoided if you want to keep your teeth white. Red and white wines cause dark strains too.