A room of one’s own
The move is done. At least for now.* Jack has his own room and a big boy bed although he hasn’t spent an entire night yet in his bed. *sigh*
Here are some views from my apartment…
The good news is:
- I have a huge apartment. I can breathe now (sort of*)
- My dining room table can be a dining room table again and we can now eat like human beings rather than animals.
- My living room is without the infamous fabric chair
- Jack can lay down ginormous train tracks and scooter to his heart’s content
- My bedroom is large enough to hold my bed and a full size sewing table (imagine 86 inches long with room for three machines and then some)
- I could even fit a small table for my mosaics! It’s just that big. Honest!
- My walk in closet holds both my clothes, theoretical (read: fabrics) and otherwise
- I bought and built my sewing table yesterday
* The bad news is that I may have to move out of this wonderfully large apartment. My next door neighbors smoke at least 10 packs of cigarettes a day and smoke just streams into my apartment. I can barely stand it. And I worry for my son who has breathing issues to begin with let alone now with the cancer neighbors. I honestly don’t know how I will be able to do it all over again. My heart just aches thinking about it. I hope it somehow can be rectified, but I know it’s next to impossible to stop smoke from infiltrating into another apartment.
Although my sewing table is set up and my fabric unpacked, I still don’t have a workable system for all my notions yet not to mention all the other unpacking I have to do. So I most likely won’t be sewing right away. Especially if I have to move again. But I am dreaming of it.
Soon my friends. Soon!