Crossing my fingers
Ok, I will admit it, I’m crazy.
I am going to attempt a second KS 3408 before I leave for PR Weekend in Chicago this Thursday (are you going?!??). Remember how disastrous my first version was?
Can I cut out my dress and sew it in two evenings? I re-traced the pattern last night and here are the changes I made and plan to make on this hopefully “two time’s the charm” second version:
- I traced the small size (last time I traced the medium and it was ginormous)
- I added only one inch to the bodice (last time I added 2 inches and it was way too long)
- I added 3/8″ to the front bodice neckline to raise the neckline a tad therefore negating the need to wear a cami underneath the dress
- I did not add length to the skirt portion as I intend to imitate Robin and use a rolled hem edge on the skirt and neckline edges (this will eliminate the need for those pesky facings and hopefully speed up the sewing)
- Substituting the long sleeves of this pattern for the short sleeves from Simplicity 3678. I haven’t compared the sleeve head heights and shapes yet, but I am going to “make it work” (these sleeves won’t need to be hemmed as they self lined – Bonus!)
Here’s the fabric I plan on using…
Wish me luck — it will be a race to the finish line!