Dream Sewing Space
I have had my sewing table since NYC and I now have a cutting table. I am thinking of adding another folding banquet table and buying two more large cutting mats so I can have a wide cutting table for 60 inch wide fabrics. That would awesome, wouldn’t it?
And that got me wondering what my ideal sewing space would be. Here’s the outline I’ve come up with so far:
- Separate room from my bedroom (It’s nice to be so close to my sewing, but it would be nice to shut the door on my mess, n’est ce pas?)
- Lots of natural light (I have a dearth of natural light in my bedroom most of the day and then blinding light for one hour a day — I crave natural light)
- hardwood floor (the shag (!) carpeting in my bedroom makes it very easy and painful for pins to hide and it’s really hard to find all the stray threads and scraps I throw wantonly all over the place)
- A storage area inside the sewing room for the fabric stash (my fabric closet is out in the hallway)
- It would be nice to get another sewing table so I can have two machines per table. (my bed is taking up valuable real estate in my sewing room)
- A clean up elf to put away my tools and clean up the sewing space every night. (this would be nice, wouldn’t it?)
What else should I consider adding to my ideal sewing space? What am I forgetting?
If you want to see some sewing room porn, just type in dream sewing space into your preferred search engine. Here’s one I found in my google images search. Look at all that natural light!!!