My friend Susie is amazing. How amazing you ask? F-ing amazing. She makes me laugh. Every. Day. I love that about her. She has about 7 or 8 blogs. I lost count. Her last one had me wearing Depends it was so funny. Anyway, I thought she deserved a SEWN purse for all that laughter.
She wanted one just like the one I made for myself, but I said, “Nah, you don’t want that old fabric. It’s gonna be summer soon. Let’s set you up with a linen print.” Of course, that meant a trip to the fabric store (a couple of weeks ago).
And of course, the new fabric needed a coordinating lining, zipper, and piping. Luckily in San Francisco I found a great match for the lining and piping.
I made this purse just like the last two (instructions are in this post). And here’s how those cute fabrics look all made up as a purse.
I hope you like it Susie!
In other sewing news, my project list is growing by the day. I have to write it all down and work up a project schedule. I’m afraid I won’t manage my time properly otherwise. Seriously, it’s huge. Here’s a peek at it (in no particular order):
- Two purses for myself; one out of the purple camo fabric recently and a new purse design out of the purple leather I bought in SF (Due sometime)
- Mom’s Mother’s Day present. I am going to salvage the birthday present that went horribly wrong in February. (Due May 12)
- The Gatsby dress (Due May 18th)
- Jack’s play costume (Due May 13th)
- Matching adult and baby sleep wear — don’t ask (Due June)
- Haley’s and Chloe’s bday presents (Due June and August)
- Two more New Look 6035 skirts in the black and white floral cotton I bought recently and the red cotton twill I bought a couple of years ago at Metro Textile with Trena. (Due sometime)
- A couple of knit skirts, pattern TBD.
Does that seem like enough??? Sheesh. I’m tired just typing it all out. But I really want or have to make all those things. Really.
Is your sewing queue getting longer too? Happy sewing everyone!