I took a picture this morning on my blackberry but was unable to email it to myself. Some kind of firewall blocked it. Sheesh! Can’t a girl take a picture of her project in progress?!?! So you will have to accept just wordy word stuff on my dress.
I cut out and started to sew the first version of NL 6022 in my blue cotton print. After pre-treating the fabric, it still had a somewhat stiff hand which puzzled me a little. Against the insistent whispers of my better sewing judgement, I went ahead and used it anyway. The other cottons I had pre-treated were too see through and I wasn’t prepared to line this dress. And to be honest, I am kind of impatient. Shocking, I know, right?
I assembled the dress sans sleeves but only basted the side seams to check the fit one last time. Loved it.
I have to admit that I tweaked the muslin even more last night before I sewed the real fabric. I brought in the back neckline at the CB seam and tried out the sz 12 sleeve. UGH!!! The sleeve was way too tight. When I cut out the sleeve in the fashion fabric, I used the sz 16 width but left the sleeve cap at the sz 12. We’ll see how that works tonight.
I might be able to wear this dress this weekend!!!
In other sewing news, Karen sent me a picture she had taken of Jaeng’s knit ruffle skirt. It’s a tiny picture, but it will give you a sense of what it looked like in all it’s glory. I hope I can pull off wearing this style on my much curvier body. Only time will and sewing will tell.
Have a great weekend folks; I hope you get some sewing time in.