No my machine is not running at full potential yet. I have not yet found a new place to take her to be fixed.
Here is the (copious) list of things I have done or had done to my machine thus far:
- Rethreaded countless times with different color threads
- Replaced the needles several times. Sometimes with plain serger needles, sometimes with ball point serger needles.
- Replaced the upper and lower knives
- Replaced the faceplate which had broken needles on it.
- Had the machine serviced and cleaned three times.
- Tried different fabrics.
Now the serger:
- Sounds “wrong” for lack of a better term.
- Does not serge smoothly.
- The tensions are not quite right anymore no matter how I reset them.
- Still does not adequately serge the green fabric without skipping stitches.
- The whole left side of the machine does not look like it was put back together correctly and the pull out section that you take off to sew necklines or sleeves does not fit nicely anymore.
- The new faceplate does not sit flush with the bed of the machine.
- Nothing seems 100% right with this machine now.
I am beyond frustrated and sad. I am scared to use it any further for fear of making it irrevocably worse.