Style Arc Franki Top Part Deux
I knew as soon as I picked up this black knit remnant at Yardage Town that it would be another Style Arc Franki top. It’s a beefier knit, so the drape is a little fuller. That means that I won’t have to constantly adjust the cowl all the time. Bonus!
I forgot to mention in my initial review of the Style Arc Franki pattern that I layed out the pattern on the cutting table a little differently than most would. The pattern comes as one full front and one full back; meaning you don’t cut on a fold, you cut flat. However, my cutting table is not wide enough to accommodate the full pattern pieces, so I folded them in half and cut on the fold. I guess I could have cut out on the floor, but after using my cutting table the last few months, I am quite spoiled to not have to cut out on my hands and knees.
The only thing I did differently this time was to use the binding pieces for the arm holes that are provided in the pattern. I sewed them on with a small zigzag stitch, right sides together and then folded it over to the inside with another fold to hide the raw edges and sewed another zig zag in the ditch from the right side. I think next time, I will just use my coverstitch machine to bind. It looks more professional I think.
And without further ado…
I think I will wear this to my class on Monday, instead of my maxi dress. It’s more practical.
In other sewing news: I’m super excited to have a dress form now. It is really inspiring. I can’t wait to drape on it. I tried draping a skirt yesterday, but draping is a lot trickier than it looks on Project Runway. I think I will wait until I have a few projects underneath my belt before I start draping real clothes on my form.
Not sure what’s next on the docket for sewing projects. I am pretty busy with school, schlepping Jack around and teaching Lego Robotics this year. We’ll see…