The zebra print that never was
The next thing on my list to make was a skirt (using my TNT pattern, Simplicity 2452) using my newly purchased zebra print cotton pique from Elliott Berman Textiles. Imagine my surprise when I pulled out said fabric and it wasn’t a zebra print, but was, in fact, a graphic plant print. I think it’s bamboo leaves, but am not sure. So here I was thinking I was being so on trend with a soon to be made zebra print skirt and it’s just a bamboo leaf print. Oh well. My memory ain’t what it used to be I guess.
At any rate, I love my new skirt! Nothing much to report on the construction other than that I should have listened to my inner voice and underlined the cotton pique. It’s a loose weave and quickly loses its shape. Underlining would have helped with wrinkling as well. Oh well, I still love the skirt and am wearing it to work. It still took three days to make it though. I don’t seem to be getting any faster here folks. I am a little frustrated by that, but I am still managing to make wearable items. So I guess I should just be thankful. *big sigh*
Oh one cool thing about this TNT skirt that I did differently with this iteration. After I had finished the construction of both fashion fabric and lining, I tried it on. And. It. Was. Too. Big!!! I had to take in the side seams at the hips about 3/8 on both front and back for a total reduction of 1.5 inches. I guess my workouts have been working. *pats self on back* The scale tells a different story (haven’t lost a pound), but at least my clothes are fitting differently. I probably should change the facing as well, but I had already done all the work and wasn’t going to completely redo the whole skirt.
But enough wordy stuff already. Here’s the proof of the pudding (with Jack’s cousins as extra cute bits)…
Happy sewing everyone!